Friday, July 9, 2010

blueberry scones





there's a bakery here in Streetsville, that sells the most delightful scones. up until recently, my favorite have been the apple cinnamon ones. but the last few times i have been, they haven't had them, so i had to 'settle' for blueberry.

about a million years ago, when visiting Ang, she made blueberry scones from Foster's Market. they were amazing. she told me where i could find the recipe online, and i tried them out for myself.

at the time, my oven was a bit insane, and refused to actually stay at any one temperature for any period of time, so needless to say, my scones were disappointing.

but, i figured it was worth another try, this time using my trusty convection toaster oven. sure it's smaller, but i know that it actually works.

i had everything i needed except buttermilk, which a trip to Longo's with Silvia made possible, so i set out somewhat fearlessly to bake them. the first ones turned out better than i could have dreamed. they were so good, i thought that perhaps i was in a sort of butter/buttermilk related coma, so i took some to the family upstairs, and have heard serious raving about them. Saundra even told me that i should quit my job and open a bakery. i'm not sure i'm ready to take that career advice, but i do think that opening a bakery would be an adventure one day. maybe in NYC or Paris... but let's not get ahead of myself.

the scones are wonderful. there are a couple other variations of them as well, i think i'm going to try the apple cinnamon ones next, as i have a pretty good idea that i will love them!

if you want, you can find the recipe here.

i wonder what i will create this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment